Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Week 12 of 13: 12 miles in 2:00

Yay, this was my first taper run.  I only had to run 12 miles and was happy to gain a few hours back in my life.  I went down to a friends in a flat area, no hills!!

We started around 6:30 and looped back a few times to grab different runners every 3 miles or so.  My piriformis was still acting a little crazy, and my hips were tight.  

I just kept thinking about food AND the fact that this was the last double digit run.  I was maintaining a 10:15 pace which is great because that was the goal marathon pace.  

I managed to run 12 miles in 2 hours, which is average, but given my pain I was happy.

I then ate probably the best bagel of my life.  I'm so mad I didn't take a picture.  It was a french toast flavored bagel (that is made with maple syrup), with vanilla walnut cream cheese. 


No comments:

Post a Comment