Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week 16 of 18: 12 miles in 2:14

I realized i'm almost a week behind on posting again, so today's lunch break is dedicated to keeping this thing on track.

My first week of taper went well.  I've read time and time again that during taper random injuries appear, and you are tired and eat a lot.  I luckily haven't had any issues arise, knock on wood.  I have however become ravenous and with my decrease in running, feel like a blob. 

I did fit yoga in one day I think, or was it two last week?  I also only ran two of my 4 scheduled runs.  I was just tired after running 20, and decided listening to my body would be best.

My 12 on Saturday went well, aside from wearing my full on cold weather running gear- running tights and all it was fine.  I've noticed as the weather went from summer straight into winter, "winter" weather appears to involve more wind, thus making it colder when you run.  I couldn't find my gloves or ear warmers so i just went.  I finished in 2:14 which was a 11.16 minute mile. 

At this point I couldnt care less about time I just want to run my marathon under 5.  As long as my longs runs are under what I need to be at for the marathon I'm not concerned.

I clearly have no recollection of what happened last week.

Week 16 of 18 complete!  It's so close, I now have a bib number. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment