Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 9 of 13: Rest

This week I should've run 20 miles, but opted not to because of my foot pain.  I'm 100% stubborn when it comes to sports related injuries and pain.  But I also know the last few times this has happened, my lack of rest has made me so much worse.  I can't stay away from exercise for another 2-4 months again.  I become a crazy woman without it!

I steered clear of running most of the week and just did my yoga and strength workouts for the week.  By Wednesday I was starting to feel ok and went for an interval run, which I completed sans pain! Yay :)!  I then ran again on Friday and Saturday.  My total mileage for this week was around 20 miles, throughout the week instead of one 20 mile run.

I was hoping my increase in rest, (again) would lend itself to a decent week of running.

I then started looking ahead to my 20 miler the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment