Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Marathon

I've been running (for the purpose of just running), for about 4 years.  Looking back I should've realized this was my fate.  I played soccer and field hockey growing up and always loved the "wings", because you got to run.  Yeah, I was that kid- excited to run for an hour straight.  Lame, I know.


So this all boils down to creating a blog.  Not at all to brag about how awesome it is that I can run, and torture myself for hours as my body screams at me.  More so the opposite- so I can laugh.  They say laughter is the best medicine- I guess I'll find out the truth around mile 20.  By the way, who is "they"?


I just ran my first half-marathon the end of May.  Not knowing what to expect and somehow "bypassing" the elevation chart with beautiful hills- that aren't so beautiful on mile 12 of 13, I did it!  I finished in 2:33:44, I would've preferred less, but I'll deal.  Like I said, i'm not a complete newbie to running, but looking at me, you probably wouldn't peg me as a runner.  My Mom likes to remind me these hips were meant for "birthing babies", not running- and when she says this, I run more.  Because of this I still have a nagging ITB "injury" since running the half and a ten miler earlier in May.


So this starts the next roughly 4-5 months of my life.  I am going to balance life as a single girl, volunteering, family, and friends with training for a full on marathon- not a 5k or even a half- a MARATHON!  Here goes nothing but Eating, Praying, and Running- and whatever else may happen in the next few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment