Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Testing my cross-training options

I signed up for the Philly Marathon November 18th- yet never really counted down my training, figuring it would start soon.  Boy, was I wrong!  I have a little less than a month until full on training kicks in- I'm kind of excited!  I can get my pre-marathon workouts in order and be in tip-top shape when training begins.

I have an interesting work schedule during the summer and have had off a lot more than in past jobs.  So yesterday I decided I would spin and swim- and see if I could move today.  Total success!  I was able to kill myself in spin then swim laps and cool off for a half hour.  Minus the super tight suit and looking like a 12 year old boy (reminiscent of swim team when I was younger), it was a great workout.  I ended up in a lane between two old men.  Even though there were clearly much older then my parents- I decided it would be a good idea to "race" against them, even though they weren't aware.  All in all swimming for 30 minutes straight never felt better.

Maybe my next race with be a triathlon, now I just need to get a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment