Saturday, August 25, 2012

Week 6 of 18: 7 miles in 0:00

This isn't quite the way I wanted this week's post to go.  No, I didn't become a super hero and run 7 miles in no time (although that would be pretty cool).  I unfortunately caught the same virus everyone in my office has- the one that mimic's the flu.  I'm really hoping my immune system is boosted though, based on all the workouts and nutrition i've been following (and that i'm not down for a week plus).  

I started feeling funky at work yesterday and left work early to crawl into bed.  I ended up taking a 2 hour nap, and going to bed a few hours later and sleeping for 14 hours.  I mean I like sleep, but I NEVER sleep like that.  I was also scheduled to work at my other job tonight, and knew there was no way.  If I wasn't achy or didn't have a fever I could've really tried to deal.  Given the fact it hurt to move and I was sweaty from the fever, I didn't want to risk it for myself or the kiddos.  

Earlier in the week I did have some great workouts, though.  I ran my 3 miler in 27:20, which is the fastest I've ever run in my life!! Wohoooo for awesomeness and getting better- practice makes perfect (or better in this case).  I also started vlogging, and would upload it, but apparently my computer is too slow!

I then ran my 5 miler in 50:45, again another faster paced run!  The next day I planned for yoga and a 3  miler, after a meeting, after work.  I got yoga in at work, but by the time my meeting was over it was dark.  I diligently drove to the Y, to realize it was closed for cleaning.  I guess this is what happens when I've been running outside so much, the Y isn't always as available as the outdoors are.

On the nutrition front I had green monster smoothies everyday, and mmmmmmm they were soo good.  


Ingredients were:

2 tbsp Better N' Peanut Butter
3/4 Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
Frozen Banana
2-3 Cups Spinach

I absolutely hate spinach, the velvety texture is just not ok, but it's a total super food.  If i can drink an entire salad, I'm down to try it!

This week thankfully is a fall back week, so I don't feel as bad for skipping some runs.  I'd rather be sick 3 months out from the marathon, then say 3 days before.  Next week my mid-week run is 6 miles, so I'm not worried.

Next weekend, I also enter unknown training territory of......12 miles!  I've run 12 miles before, once at the half marathon- going uphill.  So I'm excited to see if I can run it all, since the ITB was really angry at the half, and walking had ensued.

I am 1/3 of the way through training!!!  6 weeks down, 12 to go!!!

And as much as I looove the summer, I'm kinda happy for cooler running temps.  The only issue is going to become darkness.  Can anyone say backwards half days?!  Thank you HigherEd for lots of vacation time.

Yipppeeeee this has thus far been a great learning experience, and a ton of fun!  In 3 months I think I'll finally take a break from training- and celebrate!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment